Remember, the last blog when I mentioned I had a rant simmering, and that it was, for the nonce, contained? Well, it's still contained. This one is a whole new rant. You'll get last week's rant next week. This is this week's rant. Got all that? Good ;-)
1. Criteria for sex. Here we go again. p45's alleged affairs are once again in the headlines. Do I care? In a word: NO. I've long been of the mind that there are two, and only two, criteria for sex:
1. Consenting and,
Anything else is illegal, immoral, and worthy of prison time. Now, if either of those two is married, then they really should have the consent of said spouse before entering into a liaison with another person or persons.
However, there are some serious side effects to p45's sex life – he is obviously open to blackmail. If he weren't, he wouldn't (allegedly) be paying hush money to the women. And that is, in a word: Concerning. It does make me wonder if that's why he's such a... uh... um... polesmoker to Putin. What does his master, Putin, have on him? Why does he drop to his knees and pucker in obeisance every time Putin or Russia is even mentioned?
2. Melania's escape? There was a note in the news the other night about p45's inauguration expenditures. Slowly, those expenditures are coming to light. I remember 3 items from the list of nearly $107M allegedly spent on events, etc. First, $25M was paid to some company that for the last several inaugurations has been in charge of setting them up. Apparently, $25M is a reasonable expense. Well, to them. Having never been inaugurated, I have no idea. Then there was something like $1.5M going to a friend and business associate of Melania's, with a further $25M going to that same friend and associate's business for undetermined and unspecified services.
Now, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that clip was: "Good!" My evil little mind started thinking, maybe this friend of Melania's has put the money in a safe place, and Melania now has a way for her to take Barron and escape the madness. Assuming, of course, she wants to escape. Perhaps she sees great theater in all this. But somehow I don't think so.
3. Is p45 a traitor? That's a serious question. A traitor is defined as, "a person who betrays a friend, country, principle, etc.," and p45 has definitely betrayed our country. We have been attacked by a foreign power. It was and is a long and sustained attack, which we are still undergoing. He has denied it. No matter that fully 17 of our 17 Intelligence agencies all say it was and is so. And now that he has the proof, he is still looking at Putin with puppy dog eyes of love and adoration and HAS DONE NOTHING to protect us. As one pundit said about it (words to the effect of), "Can you imagine if FDR had gone over a year denying that Pearl Harbor ever happened???"
Congress passed a bill, a list of sanctions against Russia for meddling in our elections, a bi-partisan law, and p45 has refused to sign it. Why? What is worth more to him than our country?
4. Another one bites the dust. Actually another 17 bit the dust. Yes, we've had another school shooting and the little pissant Paul Ryan says more facts are needed before he can do anything constructive to end this madness. And the bigger pissant Mitch McConnell says the same thing. As well as Orrin Hatch, and all the other congresspeople and politicians such as Florida Governor Rick Scott, who bow down and lick the boots of the NRA for money and recognition. They continue to block passage of any laws that will allow law enforcement and medical personnel to collect the facts needed in order to justify rising up against their lord and master, the NRA, and put our country first. But, by golly, they demand those same facts before they can legislate common sense laws. Can anyone here say, "Catch 22?" In case you forgot, here is our Second Amendment in its entirety: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." (Emphasis mine.)
Hatch says we have an "enumerated right" to carry guns. Yes. We do. We also have a "right" to fly an airplane or drive a car or truck or tank. But not anyone can do so. They must learn to do so safely, be tested, photographed, licensed, and in many states fingerprinted in order to get their state-issued license. They must also show proof of insurance. Now, I'm a vet (you already know that) and I strongly support the Second Amendment, and my right to carry a weapon, as well as yours, but I also strongly support some common sense reason along with that. You know, universal background checks for starters. Then licenses, and maybe proof of insurance in case your weapon is used in a crime. Oh, and how about, for every weapon that rolls off the assembly line a projectile is fired, and the bullet and casing are photographed and entered into a database for use by law enforcement if need be? Yeah, it would add a dollar or two to the cost, but damn well would be worth it. And I'm not even going to mention curtailing the purchase of military and military-style weapons with one and only one purpose to civilians. No, I won't mention that at all, because if I do, my blood pressure goes dangerously high.
5. What Should Obama Have Done in regards to the "Russiar Thing"? As I recall, he notified Congress and wanted to make it public, and pissant McConnell threatened that if Obama tried it he (pissant) would create havoc. You may remember that one of the McConnell's most proud achievements, by his own statement, is that he thwarted President Obama at every turn possible, no matter what the end goal was. No matter if it was good for the country or not.
So, frankly, I find it more than a little disingenuous that certain members of Congress, as well as p45, are now trying to lay all this mess at the feet of President Obama. And, at this point, it's useless to play the blame game over spilled milk. What we need now is a President of the United States. Someone who will uphold his (or her) oath of office, who will defend our Constitution, who will defend our country, who will grow up to become an adult and quit whining to twitter every time someone looks at him cross-eyed.
Boycott the NRA and the Asshat Politicians they support.
...and remember, when the swamp drains, there's a plethora of 'gators and gallons of ooey gooey stinky swamp slime to clean...
Want to know if your politician is on the list of NRA supported? Check out Open Secrets here: